Speak to one of our business development team about your product requirementCONTACT US
The Benefits of Plastics
Why use plastic above ground plumbing? Plastic plumbing components offer a wide range of advantages compared to traditional materials such as copper.
Less installation hassle
In terms of ease of installation, they make the job easier at every turn with easy cutting; push fit joints and superb flexibility and handling qualities making every installation quicker. And with no welding or soldering required, they make the job safer, too.
Less potential for leaks
As plastic pipes are usually available in longer lengths than copper, less joints are normally required. Plus, push fit joints can provide equal if not better integrity than traditional ones as well as being far quicker to install.
Because plastic pipes are available in lengths up to 12m, fewer joints are required along the pipeline, minimising any potential leakage points.
Due to this lighter weight nature, plastic pipes and fittings help to reduce energy use and therefore greenhouse gas emissions. What’s more, all products are 100% recyclable at the end of their useful life.
Cast iron look without the hassle
For rainwater systems, using cast iron effect pipes and gutters ensures all the benefits of quick and easy installation versus traditional cast iron systems – but with all the performance criteria you would expect from high performance, engineered plastics.
Less chance of theft
With copper theft an ever-growing problem on site due to high scrap value, PVCu and other types of plastic offer a far less tempting prospect for thieves. So even though it’s easy to lift, it’s a lot less likely to get lifted.
- Lower density weight than legacy materials, lowering transport and installation costs
- Lower modulus than legacy materials means flexibility and reduced risk of breakage
- Strong and lighter weight providing excellent Health and Safety benefits
- Plastic pipe installations have reduced leakage compared to legacy materials due to longer pipe lengths and high-integrity joint systems
- Can be manufactured from recycled materials
- Proven second life - 100% recyclable
- Ability to use off-site construction techniques to minimise cost and time on-site
- Chemical resistant